Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Keeping the Faith

Well, I lost it a little there. I lost faith that by saying no to working on Sundays I would be rewarded. Sometimes I'd be driving and think about calling Supercuts back and telling them " Ok! I'll work one Sunday a month. Just one!" One Sunday a month won't kill me right?

Luckily for me I didn't have to get to that point. The same Supercuts that told me that they could not hire me because I couldn't work on Sunday called me. And offered me the job. After telling me the week before that they could not hire me. Yeah. I don't get it either, I'm just grateful for it. My first day is on Thursday. I have feelings of excitement intertwined with sheer terror. This is it. The big time. Here I go, it's time to jump in.

I've added my video to my website. And while it still needs some work, I'll let you my loyal blog followers take a peek if you feel like it. I'd love any feedback, as long as it's nice. Or constructive criticism, as long as that is nice too.

www.curlygirldoeshair.webs.com

FYI to beat you to the punch, I know that my pictures are really not the best. Meaning the cluttered kitchen in the background does not add to the ambience. Stupid me I never take pictures of the hair I do, so when it was time to put a portfolio together I had to throw a bunch of make shift pictures together. I'm planning on doing my niece's hair and taking pictures of her not in front of a kitchen sink really soon.





4 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

I like your site and your video. You did a really good job! And congrats on your job! Yay! I'm so excited to have Chloe cut my hair Fri. It needs a chop. Oh and have you ever had issues with chemical reactions from box dye and the professional stuff? Chloe was telling me about a girls hair she was doing and her hair started smoking. I guess she used a box dye to touch up in between colorings and some chemical that box dyes use had a reaction with the professional stuff they use. I couldn't believe it! Its scary to think that can happen but I am so anti box dye after everything she's told me about chemicals and stuff. Hair dressers are like scientists with everything they know about coloring and all that. Chloe is really good at color too. Her teacher told her she should specialize in it because she's just got a knack for it.

Heather and Spencer said...

So I just watched part of the video and I had to crack up! Not at you though, you make a comment about burning your hair with the curling iron- have you seen that youtube video with the girl trying to do a tutorial with her curling iron, who does burn off her hair? It is hilarious! I also wish my hair would curl like yours! Good Luck with the new job, I am sure you will do great!

Heather and Spencer said...

Okay, here is the hair tutorial gone wrong, watch it if you haven't, it will make you happy!

Heather and Spencer said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVuSvZOqXM


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones