Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Aftermath

Well...for the first time ( and likely one of the only times, but we will see) I actually voted Republican. Yes, I did. I voted for Mitt, and he lost. Bummer. Big big bummer. I really thought he was going to win. I'm not sure why, but I did.

In a sense he did since he won the popular vote. But that does not somehow get you the presidency...I guess I didn't pay enough attention in government to understand how that works.

I think he would have made an awesome president. Maybe he'll run again next time? Who knows, 4 years seems a long time away right now. So now what do we do? Wait and see what Obama does next I suppose. I do not doubt that he is doing what he thinks is right and the best for this country. Unfortunately I don't really agree with a lot of his thinking. And since he is president and I'm not I guess I'm stuck.

I'm seeing a ton of anger on my facebook news feed. It's sad it all has to be this way. The Obama voters had just as much right to vote for him as I had to vote for Romney. Once again, the LDS has church as released a statement that makes me really proud. It's times like these that I know I'm in the right place with the right faith. This was released yesterday by the leaders of our church-

"We congratulate President Obama on winning a second term as President of the United States.


After a long campaign, this is now a time for Americans to come together. It is a long tradition among Latter-day Saints to pray for our national leaders in our personal prayers and in our congregations. We invite Americans everywhere, whatever their political persuasion, to pray for the President, for his administration and the new Congress as they lead us through difficult and turbulent times. May our national leaders reflect the best in wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the American people.

We also commend Governor Romney for engaging at the highest level of our democratic process which, by its nature, demands so much of those who offer themselves for public service. We wish him and his family every success in their future endeavors."


I love this country and will continue to hope and pray that President Obama receives the guidance and wisdom he needs to lead us in the right direction. When live gives you lemons, you make lemonade right?

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones