Friday, April 27, 2012

Gimme a Break

On Wednesday I had a great day. Things were looking up! Then yesterday happened. Bad. Bad day. I don't feel like rehashing the days events again, but I had two very unpleasant clients, one unpleasant teacher, one very burned finger (don't touch a 400 degree curling iron, it's hot FYI) no tips and kid that threw up. And a cat that threw up. And a visit from Aunt Flo. Yikes! Talk about a snow ball effect!

For once though Jimmy was actually home when Brynlee blew chunks. Thanks goodness! So much easier to deal with when you have another set of hands. Her nose has been running pretty bad for... well that last 3 months basically. We had this problem last year. She has baby allergies I'm told. So for the first 5 months of the year she is just a snot fountain. Anyway nasal drip plus her crazy gag reflex equals random bouts of vomit. She seemed fine afterwards and seemed fine this morning so I sent her to school.

And I sent myself home. Yep. I'm taking a break. I'm ditching. Already I feel so much better. Sometimes you just need a break to get your bearings straight. Don't get me wrong, I still love school. Mostly. But yesterday shook my confidence to the core and made me feel like an idiot for even trying to do what I'm doing. So today I'm going to relax and breathe deeply. I'm going to enjoy this nice weather, my nice book and the fact that until 4:30 pm I have absolutely nothing I have to do. Ahhh. These are my favorite days.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones