Friday, September 30, 2011

My Picks

I'm going to bore some of my readers with some baseball jargon for a bit. But baseball is winding down and now is when things really get exciting.

After a meltdown of epic proportions, the Red Sox did not make it to the playoffs. This is the problem with investing your energy into something like this. It's totally out of your control, and it's really disappointing when it doesn't go your way. Like now. It's a strange feeling. Yesterday I was bummed all day, and I realized this is why. Because the media is mercilessly going on and on and on about the Red Sox meltdown. This is nothing new to Red Sox fans, but it doesn't make it suck any less. I guess there is always next year.

However, there are some other good teams in the post season. So now I will re direct my rooting for a few other teams. Below are my picks, based solely on who I want to win. These pick are not based on skills, or luck or talent. They are based on what I want to happen, and what I think would be fair in some cases. Let's see how close I get:

Rays vs Rangers: Such a conundrum on this one, because I like both teams. But I'll go with the Rays

Yankees vs Tigers: Is this even a question? Tigers, all the way. Tigers times 1 million. All I needed was a Yankee victory Tuesday night to give the Red Sox a chance to make it in the post season. And those stupid Yankees couldn't even do that. The one time in my life I want them to win, and the lose when they are leading 7-0 in the 8th inning. I feel like they did it just to spite me...I HATE that team!

Brewers vs Diamondbacks: I like both these teams too. But I'll go Brewers because they have never even won a post season division game. Ever! They deserve a turn to shine.

Cardinals vs Phillies: I don't like either one of these teams. But I like the Phillies even less, so I'll go Cardinals.

There they are! Now that everyone has probably stopped reading this post.

I had my 2nd test today in school. It was 89 questions, and I got 105% again! Woot woot! There were only like 3 of us that did that out of 28. I really studied really hard. Maybe it's because I'm more mature now, but I'm applying myself in my schooling like no other.

After I first quit my job I was worried that my decision would not make me happy. That I would still be un happy, but be poor too. So far, that is not the case. For the first time in a long time I go to bed looking forward to the next day. Looking forward to getting up and going to school. My biggest daily stress is what to eat for lunch, and how to try to make dinner with Brynlee wreaking havoc all around me. It's a wonderful feeling.

I'm so happy with my decision. And so glad I have a supportive husband who encouraged me to do this. I'm finding that since I'm happier in my day to day life I'm more patient with people. And my relationships are better with people. I took a chance, and so far so good. Yay!

3 comments:

trump said...

I was just passing through and thought id stop and say hello. Have a very nice weekend everyone. Richard from the Amish community of Pennsylvania.

Megan said...

Yay! I am so glad things are going so well - can't wait to see you in a week!

Audrey Spence said...

I always knew some how you'd end up in cosmetology school. It's your life calling. Especially with your hair. That hair belongs to a hair dresser :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones