Monday, February 1, 2010

Ode to the Stretchy Waist Pants

I finally broke down and bought some maternity pants this weekend. I don't know why I was dreading doing that so much.

I guess I hate the thought of wasting money on some temporary pants. I mean I still wear jeans that I bought back in 2004! That's 6 years ago! And I wear ( or I guess at this point wore because they don't fit right now) those jeans all the time. When I buy a pair of pants, I keep them a while, and wear them until they are thread barren. And even usually after that. It's strange how I'm so frugal with some things, but not with others...

So I set out to buy maternity pants, and had the problem I figured I'd have. Too short. They were all too short. Curse this height of mine. Apparently they don't think tall people get pregnant too? I was hoping to avoid maternity stores due to their high pricing, but after Target, Kohl’s and Wal-Mart let me down I had no choice.

Ashley and I ventured to the mall, and into Motherhood Maternity I went. They had a select few styles in "tall" and I snatched them up. I ended up buying a couple pairs and spent more than I'd have liked to. But now that I'm wearing a pair, it was totally worth it!

I haven't been this comfortable in a long long long time. Who knew a stretch waist could feel so good? I feel like I'm sitting at my desk in my PJ's! I'm thinking after wearing pants like this for the next few months, I'm not going to want to go back to the regular kind! I wonder how long you can get away with wearing maternity pants after you are pregnant…

3 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

Stretchy pants are the best!!! I actually found a pair of maternity jeans at Ross...they didnt have a ton, but is is worth a shot right? I gave in and bought a couple of nice maternity pieces at Motherhood too. You can also check Old Navy and in Baby Gap, they have a maternity section. My favorite maternity item was a pair of gaucho pants...I wore those forever after I had Ryan! I was very sad when I realized it was probably time to put those away (probably should have quite a bit earlier that I did too)!

Clayton and Danielle said...

Ha I was exactly the same way. I was very against all of the maternity stuff and I even still am to an extent but wow what a difference it makes. Really I held off getting maternity garments till the very last min when my tops no longer tucked into my bottoms thus me= trailer trash. ha ha ha but when I finally did it I was SOOOOO much more comfy! I am really excited for you and to meet your baby girl. Good luck and let us know if we can help at all.

Audrey Spence said...

Oh man I swear I bough maternity pants within like a month or two of being pregnant. I couldn't take the digging in of my jeans while sitting at my desk and they are the greatest things ever. Like Heather I too found mine at Ross and you know what, Paris Blues make the best! They are long and they look like cute jeans not a funky and weird. Oh and did I mention only $13/pair! Yeah I ate 'em up. I actually wore mine like a month or two afterwards quite honestly but I was also overweight still after the baby weight left so you probably won't have that problem you're so dang skinny. I can't wait to see you in May for Ashley's wedding! Yay!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones