Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Queen Clarion

You know you watch a lot of children's TV when you start calling your baby the name of the queen fairy on Tinkerbell. Yes I call Claire Queen Clarion, and she seems to like it. 

Claire is the EASIEST baby. I thought Brynlee was pretty easy, but now I've got a baby that is so low maintenance it's a joke. We scored big time. Claire only fusses when she is hungry usually. There was a few weeks when she would be a little fussy in the evening, but if I held her she was fine. Yesterday during the poop fiasco she didn't even make a peep. She likes to be held ( what baby doesn't?) but I put her down all the time and seems to be OK with that. As long as she can see someone she is fine.

She has been a great sleeper. She sleeps in her crib every night. No rocking, or singing or anything. She does need to be swaddled though. That is her one thing. In order to sleep really well she has to be wrapped up. She wakes up to eat in the night and goes right back to sleep when she is done. My lack of sleep these days is not really her fault. She wakes me up to eat and then I have insomnia for the next 2 hours. It's so irritating!!! She is usually done feeding in 15 min from start to finish. The rest of the time it's all my problem.

She has had one thing that was never a problem with Brynlee. I noticed she seemed to favor one side of her head. And her head looked a little misshapen. But she just got squeezed out of a birth canal, whose head wouldn't be misshapen after that? However Jimmy pointed out that her head was getting REALLY misshapen. I did some research and started to panic. Am I not moving her around enough? Is she going to have to wear one of those ( really expensive) helmet things? Did I ruin her head for life? It didn't seem to be torticollis because her neck will move to the opposite side. Her head just snaps right back to her favored flat side. We started making a conscious effort to get her to look to her less favored side. I've rolled up wash clothes and stick them under her favored side when she is awake to force her head in the other direction. After about a week it seems to be looking better, and her head will go to the less favored side more easily now. She has her 2 month appointment coming up so I'll ask the Dr then. Life is hard enough without a lumpy head!

She started smiling recently. Not a ton, but a smile here and there. When I went to get her out of bed this morning I peeked into her crib and there she was smiling away. Not a bad way to wake up!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ummm... this post was kind of creepy because you could have been talking about my baby! We have the same weird-- kind of torticollis, but maybe not-- thing going on. Please let me know what your doctor says because mine wasn't too worried about it and told me to just do what you are doing. But Phebe still really favors her one side. She CAN turn it the other way, she just never does on her own-- or at least super rarely. And I had the same insomnia issues after I had Isaac. This time I haven't, and I think something that's helped me is taking magnesium. It's a mineral that helps your body relax. I take this one: http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Magnesium-Calm-1x16/dp/B000GJOZWE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398912155&sr=8-2&keywords=natural+calm

It's kind of expensive, but lasts a long time. It tastes like mineral water though when you mix it up, so I'm not sure if you would like it or not. At first it was weird for me, but now I actually really enjoy drinking it.

Anyway, I hope you're able to figure out your sleep issues soon. There's nothing worse than not being able to sleep when you really need to!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones