Friday, October 11, 2013

New Things

We are settling into our house. It's kind of strange, it just being the three of us. We haven't lived without someone for so long, I almost forgot what it's like.

I can walk around in my underwear if I want. And I do. Often. I can put things where I want them to be, and do laundry when I want. It's pretty amazing.

I'm trying my hand as a stay at home Mom, in my own house. I hope it works because that is the plan for a while. I'm shocked at how much of a mess we make, Brynlee and I. I'll go ahead and pass the buck and say that one of us makes much more of a mess than the other. It feels like I'm constantly picking up and cleaning stuff. Yet it's still always a mess. There is always laundry to do and always laundry to fold. It's never ending. And this is with 1 kid. I can only imagine how it is with more.

I tried a new pancake recipe this morning I found on pinterest. One word. Pintrocity! After I'd had all the ingredients, it was more of a dough ball than batter. Hmm...what went wrong? I re read the recipe, and it looks like I added everything it said to. So I improvised and added milk until it was the right consistency. Than I tried to cook these pancakes on my new electric griddle. I smelled something odd, and when I went to flip the pancake it was black as the night sky. I've never seen anything like it. I make pancakes semi often. So I know about how long they take. I tried to cook the pancakes on the stove in a pan, and had the same result. Eventually I gave up and just made toast. Turns out the author of the recipe forgot to add 1 cup of buttermilk to the ingredients list. Oops. Why they were burning like that I'm not sure. I think I'll just stick to bisquick.

I tried shopping at a new store yesterday, called Sprouts. They don't have those in California, and I've heard great things so Brynlee and I gave it a go. It's a healthy store, with a bunch of fresh organic and hormone free stuff. So far the bread is my favorite thing. I think we've almost eaten a whole loaf of pumpernickel bread since yesterday. I'm not sure I'll every buy bread at a normal grocery store again.

I've been enjoying trying new things, some better than others!

3 comments:

happy one day said...

Cheap sexy clothes

Audrey Spence said...

I stopped using pinterest a long time ago because of that reason. People are pinning like crazy but who has really tried the stuff and actually had it work? I need seals of approval here people! I rarely even go on anymore because it just got to be too much. When I find something that works or that I like I go on and pin it but other than that I kind of hate it now. It's funny you bring up the healthy food stuff. I was just reading an article in reader's digest about processed food vs organic stuff. I think some stuff is legit and good for you. But a lot of times some of it can actually be worse than a hamburger at mcdonalds. Plus the price of some stuff is a joke. Every now and again I'll head into Trader Joe's in SLC. Sometimes they have more produce options (like broccoli rabe... why doesn't anyone else carry that?!). But really you don't always have to shop there to be healthy. As long as your main stuff is bought on the perimeter of the store rather than the aisles, you'll be pretty good. And enjoy walking around in your underwear! Isn't it awesome?! :)

Rachel said...

I hope you enjoy being at home. I know I do. Though, as I am nearing a year, I have noticed that I kind of miss my job. I do not miss being a working mom. But I miss my job. The importance of it. The interaction. But being at home with the girls is what I prefer right now. Hopefully you get to know lots of people in your area. And congrats on the house!

Also...on my pinterest I have a board of recipes I have tried and know work. There is a pretty awesome pancake recipe should you ever want to try it...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones