Thursday, March 28, 2013

Worth the Shot

I'm not outspoken. I'm not aggressive. I'm not a go getter. I'm not a boat rocker. But sometimes you just have to fight! I called Kaiser a few weeks ago to make my monthly payment on my lovely D&C bill. Still no word from my them about my grievance, surprise surprise. The man I spoke with told me I had a credit on my account. After a lot of untangling, it turns out Kaiser decided to credit my account $500! Bringing the cost of the D&C down to around what I was originally told. Wooo Hoo! $500, can you believe it? I was so excited. I fought, and I won! It's hard taking on big companies like that. I'm sure they get 1000 grievance forms a day. But someone somewhere read mine and agreed with me. Thanks to my lovely parents I'm now Kaiser bill free. Ah. It feels great. Long story short, sometimes it's worth taking a shot.

I decided to sign up for a Zumba class. This is my yearly "summer's coming quickly and I'm all flabby. I should do something about it" thing. I've realized I always start a new exercise regimen in like Feb or March. And by June it's out the window. Exercise in the winter? Forget it. Anyhow tonight I had Zumba. I knew it would be a workout, but I didn't realize it would be a WORKOUT. Whew! I was dying. It's bad when you are checking the clock 10 min into the class. Out of shape much? Yeah. I looked ridiculous. The teacher told me it would feel like I have 2 left feet at first. She was not kidding. You'd think with all the dance classes I've taken I wouldn't suck so bad. Nope, you'd be wrong. But I had fun. Every time I caught myself in the mirror I wanted to laugh because I looked awful. Then that quote going around Facebook popped into my head. Something like " even if you are moving slow, you are still lapping the people sitting on the couch".

I had a job interview today. I think it went well. It's not exactly what I want, but it's a good starting point for me. I'll find out if I got the job on Saturday, so fingers are crossed. Here's to a week of taking shots. I hope they all pan out!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones