Friday, September 7, 2012

Senioritis

I'm graduating in about 1 month. It's nuts! This year flew by, and I knew it would. I was terrified I wouldn't want to graduate. Because I, unlike the 19 year olds I go to school with know what is waiting for us after school. Hard work, tough reality and a bad economy. Not an ideal time to start a new career. Well I do feel terrified. But I'm excited too.

I've come a long way in 1 year. I still have a long way to go, but I'm continuing to improve and that is all I can ask for. I love the girls I go to school with, but I'm getting tired of being there allll day long. My class definitely has a case of senioritis. It's like once the end is close, a switch flips and all anyone wants to do is sit around all day. We moved seats and I'm now in the waaaaay back. It has pros and cons. Pros being that I really could sit around all day and no one would probably notice. Cons being that my elderly clients have to trek a long way to the shampoo bowl. I always joke with them and ask them if they wore their walking shoes because we are going to get some exercise!

I love my school. There are some bad things about it, for sure. I only paid $5k to go there as opposed to other schools which are up around $20k. And it shows. The budget at my school is not great, and we are packed like sardines in there with minimal staff and minimal supplies. But everyone does their best and I feel so blessed to be able to follow this dream of mine. I'm a lucky lady, and I'm working hard on not forgetting it!

1 comment:

Audrey Spence said...

There's a salon in Tooele hiring and tons of houses available up here :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones