Thursday, September 27, 2012

Photo Op

I've changed. Sometimes I catch myself doing something I thought I would never do. Or saying something I never thought I'd say. I guess children will do that to you.

Brynlee is 2. That is for sure. I'm told 2 and 1/2 is the hardest toddler age... I hope they are right. This kid is crazy nuts! She is super super active. I see people with children that will just sit still. She never stops, and keeping up with her is tiring to say the least.

Tonight she said she wanted to watch Barney (curse that purple dinosaur, curse him!). I put Barney on in my room and Jimmy and I came out to the living room to watch the football game. I didn't hear from her for a while. I should have known. When toddlers are quiet, you know they are into something.

Maybe some kids will sit still and watch Barney, but she won't. So I was only semi surprised when she came out of my bed room covered from head to toe in Vaseline. Mmmm... I guess she thought it was lotion? She is obsessed with lotion. I have to hide them all from her because she will keep putting it on until she makes lotion soup. Well tonight she made Vaseline soup.

I should have taken a picture, but I didn't. I never think to do that at the time. My first thought is always ( Fail!) when she gets into something like that. Jimmy gave her a bath, but I think she will be pretty well moisturized for a while.

I didn't get angry, which is funny. I think a few years ago I would have gotten upset about that. But not now, because I've learned a form of patience I didn't think was possible. I haven't mastered it yet, but I've come a long way. Turns out while I'm teaching Brynlee, she is teaching me too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this kind of information.


Please also click on this keywords please :-- structured settlements | cash for structured settlement | cash structured settlements | selling annuities

Kate Dunkin said...

Awesome post! I came across your blog while I was doing some research on how to sell a structured settlement payment because coworker mentioned it to me. I'm happy I did because this was very helpful, thank you for sharing this with us!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones