Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nod and Smile


I've been really lucky to have had some pretty great clients at school so far. Some have been more enjoyable than others, but so far no bad ones. Until today. Ok let me rephrase that. She wasn't really bad. She was just a pain in the butt. Big time.

She was old, she was crippled and she was grouchy. We'll call her Molly for the sake of my story. Yes I've changed names for customer protection. When I saw Molly walk in I thought oh she is going to be fun. And then I got called to take Molly, and I thought oh this is great. And then I looked at Molly's card and saw that she had about 4 hours of services to be performed. Oh boy. I needed a diet coke, ASAP.

I did my best with Molly. When all is said in done, she wasn't that bad. It could have been worse. She was bossy, and nit picky, and finicky. And thought I purposely put her in a malfunctioning dryer. No the dryer didn't malfunction. Molly is just sensitive to heat apparently because it was set on medium low. And is just like the 20 other dryers in the salon. Molly informed me that is the second time she has been stuck in that dryer, and she didn't appreciate it. Ha ha yes that is how I get my jolly's. But trying to cook old people in malfunctioning hair dryers. I told Molly that next time someone tries to take her to this imaginarily malfunctioning dryer she should lead them to a different dryer instead. I did actually spend 4 hours of time with Molly. I tried to pass her off to someone because I had to take my lunch, but apparently Molly liked me more than I liked her because she didn't want to do that. Too bad, because it's the law that I take my lunch by a certain time. But my classmate had to come get me out of the break room because Molly didn't want anyone else to work on her.

Molly was happy with the way that her hair turned out, and that is the most important thing. That and the fact that she didn't remember my name so she can't request me next time. That is important too. She did tip me $3 though so that was nice. I'll probably spend that at 7-11 tomorrow. I did a lot of nodding and smiling as Molly ranted on and on about things. Like the last time she came to my school. I hate it when people do that. Complain about what the last student did to them. We are all trying to learn, and some are slower than others. There is no need to put people down because of it. When you go to a school to get your hair done, expect a few bumps in the road. That is why we only charge $17 for a Redken color retouches!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones