Sunday, January 22, 2012

Falling Off


Wow where did I go? No post for 18 days...that is pretty un like me! It's been a little crazy though. We went to Arizona to go to my nieces wedding last week. It was really fun. Except for the whole flying with a toddler part. Kill. Me. Now. Brynlee did pretty well I guess. By that I mean she ran all over the place, attracted plenty of aggravated stares from other passengers and wiggled and wiggled and wiggled. How early on can you detect ADD in your child? I'm going to keep my eye out for it. She it nuts! I tried to get her to watch TV while I made breakfast yesterday. That lasted for about 30 seconds. I tried My Little Ponies, SpongeBob and some other crazy show. I'll try Yo Gabba Gabba next and hope that is the one that will tame the beast. I never thought I'd say I was trying to get my kid to watch TV.

The wheels are turning in this kids head. Just this weekend alone she discovered that she can move chairs around to reach things she couldn't reach before. She learned how to unlock the front door. She figured out how to climb up on my extremely tall bad. She is like a baby spider man! She is so smart. I love to watch her learn and discover new things. Now I just need to start hanging stuff from my ceiling so she can't reach it.

Brynlee loves birds. I went to get a bird feeder for my porch but they were really expensive. So I bought some hummingbird nectar stuff for the already hanging humming bird feeder. My nectar must suck though because I have not seen one hummingbird. Maybe I'll try to make a bird feeder out of a pine cone and see if I can get some bird action on our porch that way.

School is going well. I'm not as terrified to take clients anymore. Still scared, but not as bad. Still managing to get horrible tips though. If I even get a tip at all. I'm not sure why I actually thought I'd make money at school. I make about enough to walk to 7-11 at lunch and get a soda. Which is better than nothing. What other school do you get to make tips at?!

We decided to try to become basketball fans. Right now is that weird period where football is coming to a close, and baseball hasn't started yet so we need something. I guess we picked a bad year to become Lakers fans! They are so terrible. Yet I do enjoy watching the game. Jimmy is in school 3 nights a week now. So one of my favorite things to do when I put Brynlee to bed when he is not home is to turn on a basketball game and curl up on the couch with a good book. I just finished reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It was phenomenal. Yet slightly disturbing so I can see why the movie is rated R. I'll have to wait until it comes out on TV so I can see it, because I really want to. Now I'm reading the first book in the Game of Thrones series. That is really good to. I just want to read all the time. I love it. :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones