Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wild Ride

As 2010 draws near to a close, I find myself reflecting on this year and how it has changed my life. It's really crazy to think of how many things can happen in a year.

We had some bumps, but it all seems to have evened out now. So we are left with some new experiences and some fun stories to tell. Here is my 2010 in a nutshell:

1. Work was so crazy I can't believe I lived through it! Unplanned, my co worker and I both got pregnant within like 4 months of each other. So, at the end of Jan she was out for 3 months. We worked together for the end of April, but then I went out starting in the end of May. Did I mention there are only 4 people in my little division? Yeah. Having only 3 makes a huge difference. I think I literally worked until like 8pm every night... But I made good money and made Presidents Club. And, more importantly found out what I was capable of. I now consider myself a pretty seasoned travel agent!

2. My living situation was a little strange for a while this year, with puppies etc. I've never owned a dog before. They sure are cute, but good grief they are so high maintenance. They are worse than a baby (no joke). By June Mitzie was the only 4 legged animal in our house again. But at least I have some dog experience now? Yep, I was right. I'm a cat person. :)

3.Baby! Obviously the most important one. We went from a 2 people family to a 3 person family, and it's been nuts. Truly. There have been lots of good times, and a few bad. Sometimes I think back to the days when I would get off work and be able to just sit and read. Or go to a movie. *sigh*. Guess those days are gone! But for the most part I love being a Mom. Sometimes I miss my days of freedom. But then I'm apart from Brynlee for more than a few hours and I miss her like crazy. Anyhow, we are so happy to have a healthy beautiful baby girl.

4. Jimmy's car got stolen. How many people can say that? That morning, the poor guy was supposed to leave for work. Goes out to where his car should have been, and the space is just empty. Empty! Such a strange feeling. I can still picture his face when he came back in the house to tell me. He looked so confused...I was confused too. I thought maybe he forgot where he parked it or something. Nope, it was gone. But, 1 week later we got it back! In decent condition none the less. Now really how many people say that? I though for sure that car was on a 1 way trip to Mexico never to be seen in 1 piece again. It's truly a miracle!

5. I went from never having stayed in the hospital prior to 2010 to staying there for 2 and 1/2 weeks between giving birth and when Brynlee got sick. Not my favorite place. However now I could give a guided tour of Kaiser Woodland Hills!

It's hard to imagine that 2011 will top this year, but I'm looking forward to seeing what life has to throw at me. Bring it on!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones