Monday, November 14, 2011

After Midnight

I agreed to go with my friend to a midnight showing of Breaking Dawn on Thursday/Friday. At the time it seemed like an ok idea. I do have school on Friday, but hey! I can do it! However the more I think about it, the more tired I get. I probably will not be in bed until like 3am. If I'm lucky. And will have to get up at 6:30 7ish the next day. Hmm...Yeah whose idea was this anyway? I'm too old to do stuff like this.

I got excited at the prospect. I used to go to midnight showings all the time in my yester years. And they were fun. Of course I could sleep in the next day. And didn't have a baby to wake me up. Turns out I have a test on Friday. Oh boy. I guess I'll have lots of studying time in line for the movie? Because that is part of the experience. If I could just wake up at 11:30 and hop over to the movie it wouldn't be that bad. But you have to sit in line for 3 hours before the movie starts. So you get good seats. For the movie that you could just go see at a decent hour the next day. :)

Despite my fatigue I'm sure I'll have a great time. Even if the movie isn't that good, I'll have fun in line. We can play line games. Phase 10, Uno...maybe I'll even bring Life since I cannot get ANYONE to ever play that game (Audrey, where are you when I need you?). I can't remember the last time I stayed up past midnight. Let's see how much pop this 27 year old body has left!

2 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

Just reading your post makes me feel icky. Although I'm fighting a cold and only got like 5 1/2 hrs of sleep (no thanks to my dog and my stuffy nose) so I really feel blah today. If I were there I probably wouldn't come to the midnight showing but I'd come hang out and play life. That game is so fun! It's funny though, with Breaking Dawn coming out I refuse to go see it in the first week because I hate hearing all the teenage girl squeals whenever Edward or Jacob appears on screen. I do look forward to the funny pictures that will be in the paper of all those who wait in line for the movie. It would be equivalent to people watching at walmart up here. I wish you luck. I think you're crazy! I can barely make it past 10pm anymore! I'm getting so old! :)

Heather and Spencer said...

You are crazy!!! Have fun!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones