Friday, September 17, 2010

Ok, so Maybe Not!

I've taken too many dance/exercise classes over the years to count... jazz, yoga, pilates, martial arts, step aerobics etc. For some reason, before the class starts I decide that I'm going to be amazing at these classes. Then the inevitable always happens, I suck.

I guess that is what being a beginner is all about, right? Still, it's always a let down when I find myself sucking because in my head I was going to be great! This was going to be my true natural talent.

I started my Hip Hop class last night, and this was no different. Safe to say I'm white. I think I figured because I like hip hop music, I'd be good at hip hop dancing. Isn't that the way it works? Guess not. Still, I had a blast, even if I looked very, very bad. There was a time I'd never even try this for fear of looking stupid, but I'm past that now. At least everyone else looked stupid right along with me.

When I walked in and saw a 40 something short white lady with a blond pony tail on top of her head claiming to be my teacher I almost died. I should know by now not to judge a book by it's cover. This lady can move! She does things with her body that still mystify me.

I was also surprised at how much of a work out I got. I'm sure the fact that I had a baby 4 months ago and am horribly out of shape has nothing to do with it...

Either way, I had a good time and can't wait until next Thursday night!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones