Sunday, June 20, 2010

Baby Updates

I can't believe Brynlee is 4 weeks old! And how bad I am at blogging now. It seems whenever I think I have a free second to blog, something happens and it doesn't get done. Needless to say my little peanut keeps me busy.

We had her second Dr. Appt last week. I had to go to this one without Jimmy because he was working. Unfortunately that was no easy task. Brynlee was not to pleased at having to constantly be undressed in the ice cold Dr's office. She was even less pleased at being poked at while undressed. Sure enough she let the whole office know it, loud and clear. Good thing she is still so small people think it's cute when she cries (I'm not one of them, it breaks my heart. But everyone else at the office seemed to think so).

Brynlee was 7lbs, so that means she put on 13oz from the last appointment. She has grown an inch, and her head has a "wonderful" shape to it (direct quote from the Dr). Her jaundice is all cleared up as well. Whew! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but being a first time Mom who knows if I'm doing things correctly?

We've started venturing out into the world more and more. We went to the mall the other day. It took me about 25 min to get everything I needed packed into the car. So much for traveling light, I guess those days are over!

I'm getting into the swing of staying at home. I'm sure once I get used to it, it will be time to work again. Isn't that always the way things work out. I do miss interacting with people who talk back to me though. Brynlee and Mitzie don't offer too much as far as conversation goes.

My days are now filled with bottles and onsies and diapers. However thanks to my wonderful husband I still have time to sneak out for a manicure, or to go to dinner with friends.

Being apart from Brynlee is really a strange experience. On one hand I feel free. I don't have to tote extremely heavy baby carriers, worry about spit up on my clothes or watch the clock to see when the next feeding time should be. But on the other hand I miss her like crazy and can't stop thinking about her until I get back to her again.

I've never been great with kids. I've never been the one kids ask for, or reach out for (maybe because they sense that I don't know what to do with them). But that has all changed with Brynlee. Because I can calm her down the way that no one can. And I understand her better than anyone. I'm sure like Mitzie she will probably become a Daddy's girl eventually ( really who can resist Jimmy? :) ), but as of right now we have lots of Mommy and Me time, and I'm really cherishing it!

4 comments:

Julia Everts said...

I know the "missing but not missing her" feeling ALL TOO WELL! When we went to Mexico for a week i felt like i was gonna die without Katelynn but then again it was nice/weird to just jump in the car without loading a child into a car seat or hauling around a huge diaper bag! Can't live with em, can't live without em!

Audrey Spence said...

It's amazing how your life changes. Always making sure you have enough diapers and an extra outfit in case that accident happens while your out. I'm used to not talking to people much. I talk to Charlotte and Toby and carry on conversations and to me it seems normal even though they don't really talk back. Sometimes I feel like one of those crazy old ladies that lives in a house with 50 cats and talks to them like they're people... people may think I'm weird talking to Charlotte at the store and asking her what I should get but the baby books all say its normal so there! Good times though.. wouldn't trade if for anything in the world... Can't say I know much about leaving without Charlotte. Only done that a couple times to run to store really quick and I felt kinda lost. So maybe I need to get out more. Scott and I do need a date night. You gotta call me when have some time... I'm home all day so yeah... call me!

Heather and Spencer said...

I am home too...call me or come over for some of that adult conversation! My kid talks back, although sometimes I wish he wouldnt! Plus, now that Brynlee is getting older, that means you can join our play group and beach trips! I think we are going today if you are interested!

Megan said...

You are such a cute mommy! It was SO fun to get together and see your little peanut. She is beautiful!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones