Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Exciting News!

It's been a while, and I have some exciting news! No, I'm not pregnant. I've noticed whenever I tell someone I have news, or ask them to "Guess what?" they think I'm pregnant. Nope, not today.

We did however get an addition to the Cuillard family. It's a girl! She is 3 months old, 2.5 lbs and completely litter box trained. Yep, I got a kitten!



Welcome Mitzie Leanne Cuillard (yes I give my pets middle names)!!

After 8 months of convincing, my fellow housemates finally agreed to let me bring in a pet. Jimmy and I went to Petsmart on Saturday and there she was ready for adoption. I fell in love immediately. We brought her home and she didn't make a peep, which is the opposite of what every other cat I've had has done in the car.

We've had her for about 3 days and so far so good. Ok so when she is in the litter box she flings litter everywhere. And she thinks everything that moves is a toy. And she goes to the bathroom more often than I thought physically possible for such a tiny body. But she is so funny I could watch her for hours. She sleeps through the night without any howling and instead of coming home to an empty dark house after work I come home to a dark house with an oh so excited to see me kitty.

Robbie pretended not to like her at first, but I think she is growing on him. I hear him playing with her and laughing at her when she does crazy kitten things. Whenever he comes downstairs she follows him around like a lost puppy.

In a couple of weeks I'm going to put her in a harness and take her outside (she won't be outside without supervision, too many coyotes and such around here) so that should be interesting. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

Ah the joys of being a cat mom again.

2 comments:

Megan said...

She is ADORABLE! And that says a lot coming from a person who is not a big fan of cats. I love the color markings on her nose. Now my boys will have a kitty to entertain them when we come to visit! Oh, and I love her name - so cute!

Jody C. said...

what a cute face and i love her name


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones