Friday, August 23, 2013

A Few New Things

So things have been kinda crazy here.

Crazy thing 1:

I'm pregnant! Yay! 11 weeks. And boy have those been hard earned 11 weeks. Some people are meant to be pregnant I think. They are meant to be vessels in which little miracles grow and flourish. And then there is me. I am dying. Or wish I was dying.

I thought maybe with the magic pill I'd be cured of nausea and all would be well. Unfortunately, no. This time I actually ended up in the ER because I was so dehydrated. I needed 80 ccs of fluids! The fact that it's 110 degrees here does not help. The people at the ER were amazed that I continued to vomit even while they were giving me zofran in my IV. I guess that is exciting to some? Not so exciting for me unfortunately. It seems the only thing the Zofran does is make it so I can make it to the toilet before losing my lunch/dinner/breakfast/snack/anything. That is an improvement from when I was pregnant with Brynlee and would lose it in my car or bushes or anywhere really.

After dragging myself to work for weeks and weeks I finally threw in the towel. Every time I stand for more than 10 min I get really dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out. I remember this being a problem when I was pregnant with Brynlee, but I was at a desk job so it wasn't a huge deal. However standing to cut hair became an issue. I decided to take a leave from work. I feel kind of like a failure that I couldn't muscle through it. But in the end I needed to do what was best for my and the little teddy graham wreaking havoc on my life. I have a note from my Dr, but I'm not sure if Supercuts will accept that. I plan on trying to work again when I'm out of the first trimester and feeling better.

Things have gotten a little better for me since I've stopped trying to work. It's one stress I don't have to deal with right now.

I'm happy to be pregnant. I'm excited to be pregnant. But it doesn't mean that while I have my head in the toilet for the 5th time of the day, and while my whole body feels like it's revolting against me that I'm the happiest at that moment.

In Arizona you don't get an ultrasound until you are 10 weeks. In California I had them around 8 weeks. As the date of the ultrasound approached, I was terrified. The last one did not go so well. I wasn't sure if I could do all that again. As if this baby new I needed to know it was ok, not only did we see a heart beat but we saw the baby moving. He was shaking his little nub arms all over the place. I didn't need to wait for the ultrasound tech to tell me there was a heart beat because I saw the baby moving all over the place. Ah sweet relief. The Dr said my chance of miscarriage goes down to 3% now. Yay! Unfortunately I guess this is just how my body is with a viable pregnancy. Angry. It's an angry body right now. But just a few more weeks ( hopefully) and it will get better.

Brynlee has been pretty funny about it. She keeps telling me she has a baby in her tummy too. If that's the case we have BIG problems. I asked her if she wanted a little brother or sister and she said yes. I explained that she will have to share her stuff with them and they will be with us all the time. She didn't like that part of it too much. She thinks the baby will go home to "his" house every day. I have bad news for your Brynlee...

Crazy thing 2:

We are buying a house. Yes buying. A house of our own. In which we will live on our own. Just our little family. It's so odd. I can't believe it's actually happening to be honest. We've lived with someone else since 2008. That's a long time! I'm excited yet nervous. What if we all get bored of each other without other people around?

After not using my own stuff for almost a year, it will be nice to have it back. I hope everything survived the move. I bubble wrapped and bubble wrapped but I'm sure there will be some casualties. The thing I'm most worried about is my decorations, oddly enough. All homemade stuff that is not expensive, but it's years and years of memories. I told Jimmy that if my decorations are ruined I'll cry. He told me that I cry anyways. Touche Jimmy, touche. But I will be super bummed.

We are moving on Sep 14th, so that means fall decorations will be going up! You know how I roll, Sep 1st means fall time. Even if it is 110 degrees here still ( which it likely will be, ugh)!

2 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

Congrats on the changes! Up here the first prenatal visit isn't until 12 weeks and ultrasound varies with dr's. I had one with Charlotte but not with Jack. Charlotte used to tell me she had a baby in her tummy too. Sometimes she does. Or she tells me she so excited for her new brother and sister and tries to come up with names... when I'm not pregnant and not trying to be... let alone pregnant with twins! Crazy girl. Have fun moving!

Sarah said...

I am SOOOOOO sorry, Liz. I'm right there with you with the horrible pregnancies. For me, zofran takes a small edge off-- as in I think prevented me from being hospitalized. But I still threw up every day while taking it. It is SO SO hard!! For me, watching videos on amazon prime, eating low-sugar foods, and sipping water in super small amounts throughout the day seemed to help me at least cope. Good luck!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones