Sunday, October 14, 2012

Final Days

My days in cosmetology school are rapidly coming to an end. On Thursday I will reach 1600 hours and be done. It's exciting and scary and sad all at the same time.

It's like when high school ends and you realize you probably won't see most of those people again. Except in this case, I've spent 7 hours a day 5 days a week for the past 13+ months with these girls. I've formed friendships stronger than I ever thought I would.

And soon it will all be ending, and for me that is heartbreaking. We all say we'll stay in touch, but I know better than that. I know that I in particular am not great with correspondence.

I can't believe this journey is coming to a close. It feels like it just started. The next step is kind of foggy for me right now. I won't be able to get my license until January ish most likely. So until then I'm just going to try not to forget everything I've learned!

I'm excited to spend more time with Brynlee. I've never been a stay at home Mom, and now I sort of will be so I'll have to get myself together. I'm not great at planning activities. My idea of entertaining Brynlee is taking her to Target...not exactly mother of the year material right here. I've got my work cut out for me. But I'm excited about it.

My final school days are bittersweet. I'm sure there will be lots more tears to come (I seem to cry whenever one of my classmates graduates, which is super embarrassing) before I'm through. But there will be smiles as well, because we've all worked so hard and come so far.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones