Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a Difference

I was thinking about how much my life has changed since Brynlee made her appearance. I knew it was going to be different, but I don't think you really know how different until you are living it.

I used to think the three greatest inventions were:

1.debit/credit cards
2.cell phones
3.cars

Now I think they are:

1. Epidurals
2. pacifiers/ disposable diapers ( there is a tie for 2nd place in my mind)
3. baby swings


How did women raise children back before all this stuff? It boggles my mind. Guess I wasn't meant to live in the 1800's or something.

For 2 nights in a row, Brynlee has slept through the night. On Monday night she went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 7am. Last night, she went to bed at 8pm and slept until 7am. I'm not going to get too excited about this yet, because it really seems to good to be true.

She is also now eating way more at one time. Thus I think the sleeping through the night. I'm not sure how her little tummy holds it all, but she started eating about 8oz before bed! Who knows. I think I'll just appreciate it while it lasts though.

Tomorrow I officially go back to work. I'm going to be honest and say that I'm really excited. I know, it's kind of strange. I'm nervous too, but I'm excited as well. I feel more productive when I'm working. Despite the fact that baby rearing is definitely a full time job. When I'm working at least I have a pay check to show for it!

2 comments:

Audrey Spence said...

Holy crap! She takes 8 oz! I rarely can get Charlotte to drink 8 oz now. Geez, she is a tank baby. Good for her. At least she has a nice full tummy to go to bed on. You are one lucky lady.

Heather and Spencer said...

Amazing how your opinion can change huh?!? Glad Brynlee is doing so much better!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones